Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The struggle

And so it begins. The struggle.

I should have started the whole healthy eating plan but already had McDonald's for lunch. Which I usually don't even do anyway. My husband and I had a fight last night that just carried over to today and I wanted a Big Mac. Dumb. Counter-productive.

I'm definitely an emotional eater. I've figured out how to control it before, and I need to do that again. But right now, I feel that "I don't care" attitude coming on every time I make a food decision when I'm in a bad mood.

Oh life. It isn't awesome right now. Fighting with my husband sucks. I work for myself doing web content and design (yes, this blog needs a spruce..), but I wonder if I should be working in an office. You know, getting benefits. But my husband works for himself as well and I fear that if we didn't both have the same freedoms, I would resent it. I moved here a few years ago and lost touch with a lot of friends and haven't made many more. I miss the days of having someone who knew me really well and I could talk to. These are the ways I feel like I've lost myself.

Maybe focusing on the weight would be a good alternative to focusing on everyday stresses. Or I need to focus on it all more in an effort to get myself back, ie, fix it all.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I just want to say well done for starting again! I know how hopeless I feel when I've gained weight (again!) after having lost a good amount and been so pleased and proud of myself.

I'm in a similar position currently (including not being quite ready to start on 1st January...) and it really helps to know that I'm not the only one.

I really believe that we CAN do this! We can pick ourselves up and carry on, and taking the first step is often the hardest part. So keep at it :)

Ak said...

Marriage is hard... But putting the work into it is worth it.

I'm kind of trying to find myself again too. I'm trying to spend time doing things I used to love.

Totally hear you on emotional eating... I used to be able to control it better!

Unknown said...

Nice Article.Thanks for sharing this blog...

Shanthi Cabs said...

Nice Article.Thanks for sharing this blog...

Kalam Training Academy said...

I enjoyed the visit to your blog. Great posts. I have added myself as a follower.
Tnpsc Current Affairs

Tnpsc Coaching Centre in Vadapalani

Satta Blog said...

This is Very Good website your writing skill is very good.
satta king
play bazaar