And... so has my weight! I have basically been losing and gaining the same 10-15 lbs for the last four years. I had done so good and lost 75lbs, but after that, I just got a little too comfortable. I managed to lose 22 lbs for my wedding, but I can safely say that I've found them all again. Sad, really. I need to get off of this cycle and lose the weight for good. What happened to my original goal of losing 100 lbs?
It's come to my attention that I need to "get myself back" again. Not just with the weight, but everything else too. Sometimes we get busy and just lose ourselves in the midst of everything. I want to make time to do things that are important to me. I want to FIND new things that are important to me. Mostly I need to make myself a priority again.
And since I didn't quite have my act together by Jan 1st, might as well get a late start. (I'll convince myself that most people already ditched their resolutions anyway!)
What this looks like for me:
- I will eat healthy healthy. I know how to do this, it is just a matter of doing it!
- I will not eat SO healthy that I want to binge or quit. (Lifestyle change!)
- I will start doing 30 minutes on the elliptical in the mornings.
- I will read a daily devotional and read corresponding bible verses every morning. This means getting up early enough so I don't have to rush.
- I will read books that interest and inspire me. First up- A New Earth (an Ekhart Tolle book that I read years ago about being spiritually awakened and living in the present moment)
- I will start cooking better dinners that are healthy, but not boring.
- I will blog. If nothing more than to journal about my goals and keep myself accountable.