Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ok, back to it.

Today is day one of being back on my eating healthy plan and this time I am for sure going to do it. I don't know what made me stray away from eating healthy and working out - well, I am going to blame it on a new (fun!) relationship, and a busy schedule. But no excuses. I am either going to lose the weight I set out to lose and still need to, or I am not. And I have decided that I am. I need to. I don't like the way I look or feel. And I do need to lose 20-30lbs now to stop being self-conscious.

So today was a good day. I had yogurt, fruit, deli turkey, pork chops, zucchini - good, healthy foods. And right now, I would love some wine or chips or something but I am chewing gum.

It's not easy, especially now that I live with my boyfriend and another guy, and we all like to eat snacks and have some drinks. Maybe the hardest thing is going to be cutting out the wine at night and then the late night snacking that comes along with it. Or when we go out for drinks and half-price appetizers... it's not going to be easy. But it doesn't have to be, right? I just have to do it.

There's that quote that says it's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it. I have to remember that. And just do it.

4 comments:

safire said...

I have a tough time with social eating too but I've learned to say no and nurse a drink all night.

Have a great rest of the week!

Brendalyn said...

Nice to see you back. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. As I have detailed in my blog, I have been watching what I eat since Jan 1, and I've lost 24 lbs so far. I'm counting calories, so really I'm eating and drinking whatever my calorie total allows. It has worked well for me, but whatever you decide to do, just remember that slow and steady wins the race.

Erin said...

I have total faith in you - I have seen the amazing results you get for yourself with dedication, and since this is something you want you'll get there. And I'm always here if you need someone to talk you down from the snack ledge!

Ak said...

Keep your eye on the prize!