Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 1, Not so good

I somehow gained 3.3 lbs. Ok, let's be honest. I know exactly how it happened. Losing weight is not rocket science. Day one was good, day two was ok I think. But then I didn't work out for the rest of the week and I just ate whatever. Ice cream, Taco Bell, chips, more chips, mac n cheese, I could go on. Bad.

So today was day one again and so far so good. I had some yogurt for breakfast, chicken and zucchini and squash for lunch and a chicken salad just now when I was hungry.

I just have to stay focused and think about how I need to lose this weight. I am finding that I just stop thinking about it sometimes. Like I see a cookie, and I completely forget that I am supposed to be watching my weight and not having cookies. Selective amnesia. And then I have the cookie and think, oh well I'll be healthy tomorrow. That's the kind of "tomorrow" thinking that ends up with me gaining 3 lbs in a week.

I've gained about 10 lbs since October. I blamed my attitude of not really caring about it anymore on just being busy and having a new boyfriend, but I can't use that as an excuse. Especially since more than 5 lbs was gained just in the last couple months. And with me, weight gain is typically always about something else. I think I am just unsure of my life, I'm not working anymore, I don't know what to do with myself half the time, sometimes I wonder if I am where I'm supposed to be. But whatever, there are other ways to deal with all that.

I need to lose this weight. I cannot just keep letting it creep up. I don't want to ever go back to how I was before. I gotta do it. Thanks everyone for your support, by the way. I appreciate them all!

3 comments:

safire said...

The gain is definitely reversible since you noticed the creep. I had pounds "creep" up on me the latter part of 2011 and I'm slowly but surely reversing it. It's hard to make it a priority again because I kept making excuses like...it's just a few pounds and the tomorrow thinking you are talking about :)

Once you ease into it though it does get easier every day you stick to it.

MojoMissy said...

I agree with safire. You'll get there because you're aware of it. I do the opposite...I let it consume my thinking to the point where I blow it apart.

Diandra said...

"Tomorrow" will always be a problem. Try changing back to healthy "right now" after eating a cookie. For, you know, one cookie won't make you gain a pound.

I remember you were a huge fan of green smoothies?