Friday, October 11, 2013

Actually back in healthy habit mode

I'm sure I've said this before, but making a habit out of exercising and eating healthy is what makes you last in the long run. Right now, I can happily say that the scale has been going down and I feel like I am in habit mode.

When it's not a habit, it seems unnatural, depriving and generally just a pain in the ass. I will whine all day about how much it sucks that my fiancé can eat snacks all night and not gain weight, but if I glance over at his milkshake, I gain a pound. For looking.

But! After a few weeks of just pushing myself to eat better, it starts to be a habit, and I just go with it. After it's a habit, it gets so much easier.

Eating healthy and saying no to the fatty snack foods has also shown me what I actually like and don't like. Those little vanilla snack cake things? Eh, I could really care less. A donut? Or better yet, one of those new cronuts? Um, yes. Yes, I do want. This makes it easier to splurge on the thing I really want and say no to all the other things I just feel "eh" about.

So cheers to being in habit mode. May I stay in it til I reach my goal. (We all know the good habits can be very, easy come, easy go...)

1 comment:

Alice said...

In order to keep great shape you have to develop healthy eating habits. I’ve read somewhere that even if you attend gym every day but keep eating junk food – you are wasting your time. Lots of useful advices on proper nutrition I have found here http://bit.ly/1gM5EyX. They provide special tips for women and lots of motivative ideas!