Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Not so great with "vacation mode"

When I go on vacation or visit anyone, of course it's always more difficult to have control over food and where we go out to eat and all that. But it appears to be the same when people are in from out of town visiting as well. I could easily be eating well, but I just don't.

It's been nice because this summer has been so much fun and we've gone on a few trips and had a few different family members come visit. It's just not so easy on the diet. I end up having the snacks and the drinks and ordering poorly at restaurants.

Well my cousins have been here this week, but are leaving tomorrow so I'll be back on plan. I keep telling myself that when I lose the weight and get to the maintenance phase, then I will learn to balance more rather than going full force, then taking a week off.

Back on plan tomorrow. I'm sure I'll regret this when I weigh in this week, but I only did this to myself.

I need to re-read Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth. That helped me out with emotional eating a lot. Do any of you have fave reads that helped?

4 comments:

Diandra said...

My favorite reads these days are good cookbooks. They make me want to prepare great food, inspire me to try new vegetables and thus leave me so stuffed I could not eat chocolates even if I wanted to. (Plus they give you great ideas what to make the next time you've got visitors. Don't you think your guests would appreciate a delicious, healthy meal?)

Thin Lizzy said...

I'm finally back on track and heading to a cabin with friends for the weekend. I'm a bit worried, but I think I can make the proper choices. BTW, HELLO! AGAIN!!!

Ak said...

I have the same problem and this summer has just been super busy. I'm ready for fall and hoping that things slow down a bit!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

I have the same problems with food while on vacation or when people are visiting - it's all about getting back on track!