Wednesday, August 22, 2012

THE GOAL



I didn't do myself any favors last week and the scale showed it. That means this week is the recovery week, trying to lose the weight I gained so I can be back to my previous weigh in number.

Why is it so easy to gain 3 lbs in a week? So far, I have gone down 2, so maybe it was water and bloat and cookies and wine...

I am not letting a week "off" derail everything I have done so far. I need to get to my goal of 150lbs and am not going to stop until I do.

Sometimes I give myself a concrete goal, like saying I want to lose 10 lbs this month, but typically I just tell myself the goal is to work out consistently and eat well. And then what happens, happens, and usually the scale reflects my efforts. [I suppose I do this because I don't like stating a goal and then not making it...]

That being said, I think I do need a concrete goal...

THE GOAL: I will hit my goal weight of 150lbs by Thanksgiving (Nov. 22). That just so happens to be three months from now. I can lose 20 lbs in 3 months.

Note: I originally wrote,"I will hit my goal weight of 150lbs by Christmas." But I think that is a long way off. I can do it before then. Maybe I can even do it before Thanksgiving.

But there it is, a concrete goal. I will either do it or I won't. But I am pretty sure I will, and you heard it here!

5 comments:

Enz said...

Way to go! You sound determined :)

Michelle H. said...

Hell yeah!! Go go go!!!

ThunderThighs said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see you reach your goal!!

Diandra said...

Good luck!

migong said...

cheap nfl jerseys
cheap hockey jerseys