Monday, February 7, 2011

Are you effing kidding me, Jillian Michaels?

I did the Shred today. I think the last time I did it was 2 years ago so I knew what I was getting into but maybe I also forgot a little bit. It's 25 minutes of hell. I was dying. And that is only level one.

So I came to the realization that on the Biggest Loser... they have to be doing A LOT of editing to make sure the entire episode isn't filled with bleeps! I get it, it's a family show, but it was while I was on my 20th swear word that I realized that you never hear them swearing on the show. And there is no way they don't.

I did do 45 minutes on the elliptical after that. If I can lose weight chugging away on the elliptical, why would I torture myself with that stupid video? Ok, ok, I may do it again later in the week, but 2x a week will probably be my max. Has anyone done this for 30 days? My hat's off to you.

On to a little food logging...
For breakfast, I made my first smoothie in a long time! I put in a yogurt cup, an orange, a banana, some ice and Splenda. (2 pts)
For lunch, I made a tuna melt. I mixed a can of tuna (2 pts) with mustard, chopped up tomatoes and pickles. I had it on a sandwich thin (3 pts) and some reduced fat cheese (2 pts). It was really good!
Later for a snack, I had pretzels (3 pts) and 2 tbsp of cheese dip (1 pt).
Dinner was a marinated salmon fillet (9 pts... why is salmon so much?), a cup of rice pilaf (6 pts).. and raw carrots because I realized I hadn't had many veggies.
And I wrapped up the rice leftovers individually so later I can make sure to eat one serving rather than all of it.
I'll probably have an ice cream sandwich later for 4 pts. I've also been drinking A LOT of water recently and have cut way back on Diet Coke.

I've been reading a lot of other blogs recently and am getting a lot of inspiration from all of you! I'm really glad I started blogging. It's only been a week, but it's been helpful. Here's to a great, successful week everyone!

9 comments:

mistyfee said...

That tuna melt looks delicious.

Devon said...

Sheesh, I know it about Jillian, right?! I used to do the Yoga Meltdown until my wrists started hurting so bad I couldn't do it anymore. Now, that is more likely caused by my being 100 lbs overweight, but hey...it's easier to blame her. :)

Danielle said...

30 Day Shred is no joke! I am going to start that up again this week. Good luck to you!

Lynda with a Y said...

You're very good with portion control...kudos!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

It is a very good workout! I have done the 30 days (before I got pregnant) and there were some good results. My shoulder just can't take it anymore!

Polar's Mom said...

Wow that food looks great!!!! The shred may suck but you will totally look like Jillian when you are done-BONUS!!! Heck even remotely like Jillian would be ROCKING! Keep it up!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Mmm, cheese dip and pretzels. I tried to do the 30 Day Shred and I lasted for 2 days on level one. It is difficult - at my weight anyway. I do plan on revisting it again though. I'm sure there is a lot of editing on The Biggest Loser ... a lot.

Sarah said...

I've never tried the 30 day shred, but I've done Insanity and felt the same way, every few minutes I was saying not nice words! Great job!

Unknown said...

You are doing great! So, you think someone who weighs about 50lbs more than you can handle the Shred? I've been thinking of buying it.

I also wanted to let you know that I changed my blog URL. Was told it would redirect everyone correctly and it doesn't seem to be doing that. I'd love to keep you with me as we do this weight loss thing! My new URL is http://mariasmusing.blogspot.com/. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Maria