Monday, February 14, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

"The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now. And the more grateful you are, the more you get." ~ Oprah


I was inspired by Ayla's blog, Life as a Fat Girl, and have decided to steal her idea and write one thing I am grateful for every day. From now on, when I post something, I am also going to put something I'm grateful for at the bottom.

I also looked into it a little and found some great articles that talk about the power of gratitude and how important it is to be grateful for the things in your life and to consciously think of things you're grateful for every day. And since one of my goals for this year is to be happy and see the positive in things, that's what I'm going to do.

First dose of Attitude of Gratitude: I am grateful for my little puppy and the fact that she is finally 100% potty trained. She's so cute and brings lots of joy to my life!

10 comments:

Devon said...

This is a great idea! I might steal it myself!!

I love that you are making your own happiness a priority and recording your gratitude. This might be just what I need!

Ellie said...

What an awesome idea, really helps you see the important things in your life.

I love that your first thing is your puppy dog. I am so grateful for my puppy dog too.

Crys said...

There's is something to this. I started this at the beginning of last year and it's changed my outlook considerably. More than anything, I find myself looking for reasons to be grateful and they're always there. You'll LOVE this!

Kelly said...

Great job on your weigh-in! Did you decide about a food scale? I am seriously considering one. I think I am eating waaay more than I should in portions, especially meat.

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

What a nice idea!

Potty training is always good!

Christie said...

This is one thing that I try soo hard to do. I want to make sure people in my life know that I don't take them, the things they do, our friendship's for granted!!! I know how it feels when you thank someone is not grateful for something you have done....Sometimes a Thank You is all we need to hear.

I love this idea to post one everyday!!

Lisa said...

What a great idea! It definitely makes you stop and think every day instead of just letting all these great things pass by without acknowledge. Post pics of the puppy! :)

Unknown said...

Love it!! post some pictures of the pup!!

Anonymous said...

It is a great idea. Yes, have we been introduced to puppers yet? I'd love to see a picture too. I try to do this everyday as well.

Now I've got another blog to check out. So many inspiring blogs...so little time. Thanks for inspiring me today.

AH said...

I love this! I try to do 5 things at least once a week that I am grateful for. And now you have to post pics of your puppy!