Monday, February 28, 2011

February - 10.6 lbs lost

I was definitely on my game this month. Last month, I made a goal to lose 10 lbs in February, and as of this morning, I have lost 10.6 lbs in the last month. Yay, I did it!

As far as goals, I feel like it's kind of hard to set weight loss goals because personally, I don't really know what my body is capable of losing. I know I can eat right and exercise, but don't know exactly what influences what the scale will say at the end of the week.

But I can control what I do, so here's what I've done this month...

  • I blogged about how much I hated drinking water, and ended up getting a ton of very helpful responses that persuaded me to drink more water. Now I know how important it is, so I drink about 100 oz. a day.
  • I worked out 26 out of the 28 days. I typically did 60 minutes on the elliptical and/or a workout DVD. Working out is a habit now. I feel like I have to do it, especially if I don't have a reason not to. I do believe in taking days off, so I will probably drop it to 6 days a week soon.
  • I tracked the points of everything I ate, writing it all down, and staying within my daily points. I didn't use many weekly points at all. I have been eating healthy foods and hardly anything processed.
  • I blogged pretty much every day and have gained support, encouragement and advice from so many amazing people! Thank you, thank you!
Attitude of Gratitude: I met a goal I set for myself and it feels awesome!

15 comments:

Diet Starts Tomorrow said...

I'm so impressed with you working out almost everyday! I need to get better about keeping track of food and exercise. You're inspiring me!

~ Darla ~ said...

Not only do you feel awesome...you are awesome. Woot woot!

Hyla said...

Great job!

Devon said...

WOOH, GIRL!! Congrats!! I love this! And I love seeing your lifestyle changes--so great!!

Chubby McGee said...

FANTASTIC! Seriously great post. I love that you set the 10 lb goal and you hit a number over it. That's just fantastic! Even the working out is great. Love it! KEEP GOIN'! You are doing SOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!

Dani- danielleislosingit said...

That is some seriously awesome progress! Keep it up.

Kristen said...

That is great! way to go! 10.6 rocks in one month and think its a short month!!!!!

Michelle said...

26 out of 28 days?????? You are my workout hero!!!!!

Christie said...

Thats awesome!!! Congrats!!

Roxie-Girl said...

You have me totally pumped this morning! Congrats on your Feb weight loss, what a great feeling to meet a goal, you should feel very proud!

Here's to March!!!

xoxo
Roxie-Girl

p.s. I'm now your newest follower!!!

Thin Lizzy said...

I have a similar calendar that I track my workouts on. Helps me see some progress in my lifestyle change, even if the scale isn't registering my successes.

Jessica said...

Great job with all the exercise :)

Kelly said...

Really good month! I want to get your exercise habit. Very inspiring.

Sarah said...

Fantastic!! Keep up that great work and I love your attitude for gratitude!

Mrs. D said...

I need some stickers now.. I've fallen off my workout routine big time since all the stuff with my brother started- seeing your calendar is very motivating though! And kudos on meeting your goal!!