Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stupid splotchy sunburn :(

The good news: I got a couple bathing suits and am comfortable enough to go to the community pool and try to get some sun.

The bad news: I missed a few random areas when putting on sunscreen and now have random red splotches on my body, such as on the small of my back, on my upper inner thighs and one spot on my lower stomach (so I have a nice little outline around my bathing suit bottoms) and then on my butt cheeks where the suit ended.

The worse news: Someone other than myself might be seeing these areas and now I look ridiculous.

The teaser news: I will take some pictures of myself in the bathing suits (both tankinis) and post them tomorrow.

5 comments:

Plump Nonfiction said...

WOOO... Lets see the pictures!

I'm glad you found bathing suits that make you feel comfortable.

Dawn said...

Oooooh how exciting, showing off your sunburned areas!
Sounds like a load of fun!
Maybe the moral of the story is "someone other than yourself" ought to be putting the sunscreen on for you!
Enjoy

Jodie said...

:) We've all been there. Currently I have one big spot on my thigh that is much tanner than the rest of me because of missed sunscreen, and the back of my legs are still a little toasty. I'm sure the person seeing those parts won't care a bit!

Carrieheff said...

Try the spray. It works great and I've never missed a spot.

Mer and Mo said...

Awesome news - you found bathing suits!!! And you went to a community pool - if that isn't confidence, then I don't know what it is!! So proud of you - even with the sunburn. (and I am a bit jealous - someone other then yourself gets to see those missed spots) Smiling for you in so many ways!!!

Staying MOtivated MO