Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Apparently I need to clear something up

I'm "taking the weekend off" for my birthday. BUT let me clarify this a little bit. When I say I'm taking the weekend off, I don't mean I'm going to fly off the deep end. When I say I'm going to eat whatever I want, I should also note that what I want to eat and/or the amount of it has changed.

I get that the smart diet thing is to have a small slice of cake and work it in. I get it - that's what I have been doing for everyone else's birthday. Honestly, I could care less about cake. I would rather just eat the foods I most miss and not worry about points. Actually if I did calculate it all out, I'm sure it would just wind up being the 49 weekly points we're supposed to use, but I never do. By no means am I going to "binge".

This is the plan -
Friday: Eat normal (read: healthy) all day, work out like normal (60 mins on elliptical and 30 min cardio DVD), and then for dinner, thin crust pizza (with olives and chicken for me) and have my "birthday cake" which is going to be a cookie cake, basically a Christmas type sugar cookie with a thin layer of frosting. But yeah, I'm not going to have a sliver and weigh it out and calculate the points. (I am also not eating the whole damn thing) Call it a mental health thing, if you will.

Saturday: Normal work out. Maybe we'll go out to the Mexican restaurant if my sister wants to, since she wanted to last weekend and we didn't because of my diet. If we went there, I'd eat chips and guacamole, and order the tacos, and take some home. Dinner is going to be steak and sweet potato fries. And probably leftover cookie cake.

I know everyone else is going to drink, and I'm leaning towards not drinking, or maybe just a couple. I could easily drink 20+ pts a night if I kept up with everyone... so no.

And that's it folks. It's planned out and controlled. And then I'll be back to the normal grind. I'll still have a weigh in, so you'll know how it goes. My goal for March is still 10 lbs.

Also, that fruit thing only looks depressing to me because it has a lonely little birthday candle on top. There are healthier "treat" type things other than fruit for a bday, I don't know, that's just me.

Attitude of Gratitude: I have such great followers that comment and let me have it if I sound like I'm going to throw my diet/ goals out the window. I do appreciate the concern/ help. Altho I'm glad I could clarify what I meant by taking a weekend off. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of this game is mental, isn't it? If you've made up your mind and you have a plan, I'm not worried about you. If you didn't have a plan and just decided on going for a free for all, then I'd be worried. "Skinny" people eat like this...once in awhile, but they get right back to healthy eating. It's an experiment anyway. I believe you'll get right back to it...pinky swear?

Devon said...

I think you have a great plan for this weekend. You will do great!

Ann said...

Have an awesome birthday!!

Lynda with a Y said...

There's a difference between a "planned indulgence" and a binge. What you are doing is smart. Allowing for a treat now and then (and counting the points) is fine. Just yesterday, I had a canolli. Shhh!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

Great plam for the weekend! Enjoy yourself!

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

I lost weight the week of my birthday weekend...but I had told my family no birthday cake and only healthful dishes and the one indulgence I'd bring--real, fresh, no preservatives, hand-made local chocolates (celebrities go to this shop for the great chocos and it was featured on the food channel, which is how I learned of it). I got enough so each person at the party could have 2, 3 pieces max. Otherwise, the party was veggies, a shredded creole no-fat sauce chicken, roast pork tenderloin, Fage Greek yogurt tzatziki with whole grain low carb pitas and veggies for dipping, and fresh fruit. Because the kids like cake, we had a sugar-free angel food with no-sugar fruit or fruit compote topping and sugar-free whipped cream. It was delicious. The indulgence aspectw as minimal and everything was fresh and tasted good and I didn't damage anyone's liver or arteries in my family :)

The best thing to do is have a plan for AFTER. Sometimes, having indulgences can trick the brain into thinking one is off-plan, off-diet. As long as you have a plan to cope in case the tricked-brain cravings come, you will be just fine. :) A birthday is only once a year.

ENjoy and felicitations...

Dawn said...

It is reassuring to know that if anyone thinks you're about to eat the wrong things they will be brave enough to say so rather than say ...go for it, eat cake! I'm sure your plan to safely enjoy the weekend is a good one, and as its a plan, and you're in control of it I'm sure it will keep you on the right road.
Enjoy your weekend
Dawn

Ak said...

As long as you have a plan and stick to it- you'll be just fine! You have to do what works for you!

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I think it sounds like a great plan because you have thought it through and are going to enjoy things without going crazy. We SHOULD be able to do that on our birthdays! Enjoy.

Losing 100 said...

Have a great Birthday, and enjoy every second of it! I know you'll be right back on track come Monday. :)

Ellie said...

I think you have thought about the math enough that you are correct about a cheat weekend having little effect on your overall progress. Just remember your plan and the math and don't let yourself go too far.