Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Update

Just wanted to check in since I haven't posted in a few days. The trip is going ok, but as far as sticking to the eating well/ working out, it hasn't been like I'd planned. First, I have no time to work out, or I guess with being in the hospital all day, I don't make time. Oh well. (As you can see, I'm reallyyyy upset about it. Not.)

Also eating healthy isn't easy either since we tend to just grab what we can and I'm not in the mood to try to find healthy alternatives. If we are grabbing pizza for everyone, it is what it is. If we go to a deli or something, I do still order the healthiest stuff. Also lately, it's becoming obvious that meals are like the highlight of my dad and sister's day, which is getting so annoying. But I snack while I'm there. Maybe its boredom, maybe it emotional, or both. It actually hasn't been much, but I have been eating random jelly beans and stuff like that if its in the room.

I'm not being hard on myself or anything. Dealing with this is stressful and I want to be there for my family, so my weight loss isn't the first thing on my mind. (Altho it is still on my mind, and family members are all commenting on how I look good, which is nice.)

I'll be back on the normal plan when I get home, but right now I know its all about moderation and living healthy rather than being strict 24/7 and being "on a diet". And some things take precedent.

I hope you all are doing great. I'll be catching up on your blogs when I get back so don't think my comments are gone forever... I know you all miss me ;)

Attitude of Gratitude: I am lucky to have had the best grandma in the whole world.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Reading between the lines here, you sound relatively relaxed and chilled considering the circumstances and I'm noping that means your Grandma's health is doing ok - take care,its still bound to be stressful but so good you are spending time with her and I bet you're making her smile
Dawn

Ann said...

Hope things continue to go okay. Thinking of you!!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

Do the best you can - cherish every moment with her!

Kelty said...

We do miss you! lol. I'm glad you're not being too hard on yourself while you're there...seriously, it sounds like you're still being somewhat mindful of your behaviors and I really think the time we most need to worry is when we aren't being mindful!

Chubby McGee said...

You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. *hugs*

Kelly said...

Hope everything turns out good with your Grandma.