It's also going to be hard on the ole diet plan. Typically when we drive there, we just stop at McDonalds for breakfast and lunch because it's quick and easy. Maybe I can persuade my sis to stop at Subway instead. Otherwise, I'll have to research what I can have at McD's, maybe I'll get a Happy Meal. [I always look online for nutrition info because it can be really misleading.. like McD's oatmeal has the same calories as a cheeseburger and the same amount of fat as a Snickers bar!]
Then just being there will be a weight loss challenge. Here's why-
- It is going to be emotional and I will be tempted to just say eff it.
- My family drinks every evening (I will not)
- We will be in the hospital every day, and my mom has said the cafeteria food isn't too healthy
- I won't have my elliptical or workout DVDs, so I will probably have to work out outside (gasp!)
- We will be busy visiting my grandma and other family members, so I might not have time to workout at all
- I won't be able to blog as much, and probably won't be able to read/ comment on other blogs as often, but I'll try!
But, I'll be ok! Here's why -
- I am bringing grapes, carrots, celery and pre-portioned-out pretzels for the road trip snacking
- I will look up nutrition info for everything I eat out, or order the healthiest thing on the menu (hello, grilled chicken and veggies)
- I will still try to work out, probably walking /running if the weather is ok (thanks for the advice on that!) and possibly checking out a local gym there if I can
- I'll still blog as much as I can and read my faves when I have the time
My weigh in will be tomorrow instead of Sunday since I won't have my scale. Well, I'm off to run errands, including taking 8 pair of too big pants to Goodwill!
Attitude of Gratitude: I'm grateful that we're bringing our dogs so they don't have to stay in a kennel.