Friday, March 4, 2011

My achin' back

My back hurts. I feel so whiny today. My back has been hurting for awhile, but I stretch it out and have been hoping I'm just sore from working out. But today, I got on the elliptical and it was just painful. It hurts so much like on the lower right side of my back. I got off, stretched, tried to crack it, did this little rolling thing we have (its a hard styrofoam bar that you roll on, from a sporting goods store.. usually works really well). But nothing worked. I got back on the elliptical and it just ached, so after 20 minutes, I was just over it and got off. Even sitting on the couch (it's kinda deep) puts a strain on my back. I'm in my mid-20's, this shouldn't be an issue. Whyyyy.

Also on my period this week. Sorry if that's too much information... but that just makes it worse. My lower back usually gets sore around that TOM but this is on a different level. I wonder if I pulled something doing that P90X workout.

As far as that TOM, do you guys still lose weight? Or do you lose less than usual or gain? Or does it have no impact? I haven't really been giving it too much attention the past couple months to really have an answer to that myself.

Attitude of Gratitude: It's Friday, and this is going to be a great weekend! I hope you all enjoy yours too :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always gain, I have terrible water retention.

Curvy Diva said...

Hope your back feels better. As far as the TOM I usually loose at least 1 - 2 lbs. Don't know why but I do. I make sure to drink plenty of fluids and not give in to the fatigue. Keep up the good work. You are doing great on your journey.

Peace and Blessings

Christie said...

Back pain is the worst!! I wonder if maybe you have a kidney infection...that sometimes will hurt your back. Hope you get feeling better. Sometimes we just need those "I need to be babied" days!! :)

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

Hope your back pain gets better. Just keep stretching and maybe try some ice!

TOM is different everytime for me. I usually lose less or gain a bit.

Thin Lizzy said...

I usually expect a little bit of gain, just so I'm not disappointed. However, ever since I started on the pill I don't bloat as much or get back pain anymore.

Devon said...

Ow...hope it gets better soon!! Maybe it's related to TOM?

Dawn said...

maybe you have strained a muscle a bit, be careful and if it needs rest to get better , then rest
Dawn

Kelty said...

I don't know how it affects weight loss, but my back allllwaayyys hurts at TOM. It's probably def making your back pain worse! I hope you feel better!

Ak said...

Hope your back feels better! I'm on BC that pretty much eliminates TOM for the most part- but I remember the terrible lower back pain! I still have problems with a little weight gain during that week though!

Diandra said...

As for your back - might be the sciatic nerve... that's what my father had, and what I am having problems with.

And as for TOM - I don't lose weight before, but usually I lose more than usual towards the end.