Friday, April 1, 2011

Going on a first date. AH!

Ok, I'm telling you right now, I need comments for this post because I am freaking out!

I am going on a first date this weekend (Sun) and am NERVOUS!

My life in a recap right now is that I am living at home with my parents since my ex and I broke up and I moved out. We are all planning to move soon and then I'll get my own place and start over in a new place. But right now, my parents have a lot on their plates and have been out of town a lot. So it's just been me in the house with the dogs. And it's been getting kinda boring and lonely. So I decided to go on an online dating site and just see what happens.

So there's this guy I've been talking to and we are going to hang out this weekend. Dinner and a movie. He knows I'm moving and that I don't want anything serious. He actually just moved to town a few months ago too, so we're kind of in the same boat. He seems cool, but he's athletic and cute and I feel like he could do better than me...

I am soo nervous. My weight is always right there in the front of my mind no matter what, but now especially with the whole dating world, I feel SO insecure.

I would say 75% of my nervousness is probably stemming from my body issues. The other 25% is from me not having dated anyone, or even kissed anyone, besides my ex in the last 4 1/2 years or maybe more. (We were off and on...)

Anyway, I do feel good since I've lost, but I am still overweight and that makes me scared to date.

What if he thinks I am too fat? Yes, he has seen recent full length pictures of me, but I still worry about it. Any advice? I think I am just going to wear jeans and a nice top. Something that is slimming hopefully.

Attitude of Gratitude: I'm excited...

15 comments:

Plump Nonfiction said...

First of all... DON'T FREAK OUT!

You already made it clear to him that you aren't looking for anything serious. Just go and hang out like friends. Think of it as a practice date. Get back in the dating game. If he doesn't like you for who you are, regardless of weight, then hes not right for you anyway. Move on to the next!!! :-)

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

WOW! You can't think like, first not all guys want a skinny 100 lb size 0 girl, a lot of guys like girls with 'few extra pounds'. It's all about attitude and confidence so be hot and play hard to get- men love that.

HS

Ellie said...

You will do fine. Don't freak yourself out over it - its only a guy after all. Besides if he cannot accept your body and the fact that you are trying to change it then he isn't going to be someone you need in your life right now anyways.

Anonymous said...

You are great! Which is why he asked you on a date in the first place. Wear something that makes you feel confident! I am so excited for you!

Hyla said...

It will be fun and sounds like just what you need right now! Cant wait to read the update!

Brendalyn said...

Good for you. Whether this guy turns out to be someone special or not, you are getting out there! An evening of conversation with a new person sounds so good. Just be yourself and enjoy the evening for what it is, and in my opinion that is just meeting a new person.
Looking forward to the updates...

Dawn said...

I think you did the best thing by making it clear you were not looking for serious yet. I don't think men DO look for super skinny women all the time and 'real' women are far more attractive, but a relaxed friendly, not too involved start is quite the right way to begin anything - whatever it turns out to be. I hope it is fun and can't wait to hear the update
Dawn

Losing It said...

Easier said than done, but, you said it yourself, you both aren't looking for anything serious.

Go, have fun, look cute and report back pronto!

Gen said...

That's exciting! :) Don't worry about whether he likes you the way you are or not, if he does he does and if he doesn't he doesn't. Worrying about it isn't going to change anything AND it might make you more nervous or self-conscious than you should be, which is what he'll notice more. Just be your amazing self and you'll be fine :)

Jan said...

First off, this guy is agreeing to go on a date with you, so he's already interested (take your look fears out of the equation...he's not going to think you're fat). And second, you're not looking for anything serious anyway, so that should take the pressure off, right? :) You're going to do great! Enjoy the moment of feeling like a school girl again. I love what you're going to wear (casual and relaxed). Have fun!

Kelty said...

What makes you any less deserving of a date than anyone else???????? CRAZY TALK! You're going to be fine! Because you will show up (looking fabulous at exactly the size you are), you will smile, you will laugh, and you will have fun. Just enjoy it. If it goes poorly then it's just another story to tell, but it certainly won't be because of your body!

GOOD LUCK! ...and we can't wait to hear about it :D

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Oh I haven't dated in decades but I can sit here reading this and still remember the butterflies in the stomach feeling. Hope you have fun, whatever else follows.

Mrs. O said...

Be calm! You are a beautiful positive person inside and that automatically reflects on the outside you. You've lost 50 pounds and should be exuding that confidence in yourself because you have done this! It's all good and if you believe you are beautiful and sexy, he will too. :)

Good luck tomorrow!

Erin said...

So exciting! I know exactly how you're feeling because I was just asked out earlier this week and to be honest I've been having all the same thoughts as you, so I'm really glad you posted this because all of your comments are helping putting me at ease as well. I really can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

Lynda with a Y said...

oh, boy, just enjoy. think of it as a nice conversation, making a friend, maybe having a nice meal. don't put the pressure or the "date" label on it. if, by chance, it goes awry, at least it's a good story to tell. : ) have fun!