Monday, April 4, 2011

Other people do influence your weight loss...

Of course I am losing this weight for me. It doesn't work any other way. You can't lose weight for someone else, it just won't stick. But I am at the point where I want to keep losing kind of to prove to people that I can and will. Like my family, especially my parents. My mom and dad are both so proud of how I've lost weight and am being so much healthier now that it makes me want to keep going and also makes me not want to gain it back.

My mom says that once she is going to be settled and home for awhile (they have more trips coming), she wants to just eat what I eat so she can lose weight like I am. She keeps saying how proud she is of me losing this weight and how fast I have done it and that she wants to do the same thing.

I've had several people tell me that I am inspiring them to lose weight. They want to lose weight and have seen me do it, so they know they can too. I tell them exactly what I'm doing; Weight Watchers and working out on the elliptical. And it honestly hasn't been that hard.  (Altho, this next 50 is probably going to be harder than the first 50.)

So my point is, sometimes, many times, the people in our lives really do influence our weight loss in some way. Sometimes it is negatively, sometimes it's positively. Hopefully you have more people positively affecting your weight loss than negatively. And if you don't, change it or even use your blog to create a positive support team.

Also, if you are on the path to losing weight, wherever you are on that journey, you are inspiring, because it's not always easy!

Attitude of Gratitude: I am inspiring!

9 comments:

Gen said...

Other people can totally be an influence. Like right now I feel influenced by all the amazing people who have followed me on this path so far to actually start giving some concrete results! It's nice to be inspired :)

Hyla said...

I feel ya. You are doing great!! I can not wait to see 50!! that means I will be past my old plateau!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

I hear ya! It's for me mostly but my family as well!

ThunderThighs said...

You are definitely an inspiration! Keep at it!! It's great you have support from your family too, that always makes the journey at least a little easier. :)

~Ashley~ said...

I totally know what you mean. I've lost 43 pounds so far, and I've experienced a TON of awesome people cheerleading along the way. But I also noticed that when I got to the point that I was just baaarely "overweight", I had people recommend that I STOP. I now regularly have people, even some skinnier than me, encouraging me to stop losing weight. I have no aspirations toward an unhealthy weight, and am still carrying around a great deal of weight loss. But that's exactly why it needs to be first and foremost for you. Everyone has their own opinion, and for some people, YOUR weight loss may feel like a statement about them. Amidst the praise or discouragement, whatever you're getting, keep it going! You've got your goal in mind, and you're rockin it girl!!

Dawn said...

I've found blogging amazing - that there are people out there - including you - who are so supportive, friendly and encouraging. The support network is making all the difference
Dawn

safire said...

I can totally relate to this post! I used to lose weight to make my mother happy and it NEVER stuck. I finally decided to DO it for me. I used other people's negativity to fuel my motivation! Now people are asking me health advice.. oh how the tables have turned!

I love this post !

Devon said...

I think that is whe I am right now...I am finally at the point where I am losing it for me, and me alone.

I am so glad your parents are so encouraging!!!

Erin said...

I think you and I really are the same person sometimes when I read your blogs! I'm right there with you - I'm doing this for myself, but also to prove to everyone else that I CAN DO THIS. And we will :-)