Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What cravings?

It wasn't long ago that I craved all the bad foods. I used to want chips, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, ice cream, candy, all that stuff.
But guess what? I hardly do at all anymore! How the hell did that happen? Well, how it happens is I haven't had any of that for so long that the cravings just went away. That's like God's little gift he gives you for sticking to your plan, or the universe's way of rewarding you for your efforts.

I still want some things obviously, especially when things are just sitting around, but the cravings aren't as intense. Like when I see my (skinny ass) sister eating bad junk food, I don't even care... I don't even get all pissy and bitter about not having any. That is progress, folks! If you've been reading for awhile, you know I used to hate those temptations being around.

I've also discovered that some of the things I used to love, I don't even like any more, like potato chips and french onion dip. I realized that it doesn't even taste good to me anymore. Thank you God/ Universe!


Attitude of Gratitude: I have pretty hair. Lol... I am getting kind of tired of doing this every day, I have things to be grateful for but sometimes its hard to think of things to write down! (But I guess thinking about things is the whole point...)

14 comments:

downsizers said...

That is so true. My husband is happy if there are some chocolate, individually wrapped things in the refrigerator. They don't tempt me anymore and he gets some sweets. There are so many nice sugar-free and/or fat-free products out there now that we an have a taste of those things occasionally without doing all the damage we used to do. We threw out the last two pieces of a blackberry pie just a couple of days ago. Some friends brought the pie and left what was not eaten. I just had a sliver to taste and didn't crave the whole thing. In the past I would have made myself sick finishing that thing off or just neatening up the edges until I had eaten a bunch!!

135by2012 said...

I am so happy for you! I am slowly getting there myself. I can't wait for it to totally take over! LOL!

Jan said...

Yay! What an accomplishment! That is SO exciting (now rub off on me, please). :)

Hyla said...

This is true for me also. although I cant help wanting some stuff!

You have an award on my blog!
http://bloggestloserweightloss.blogspot.com/2011/04/bloggest-loser-weight-journey-award.html

ThunderThighs said...

YAY you!! I STILL get cravings! That is definitely progress and it's so awesome to hit those NSVs!!

Dawn said...

This is a great feeling, its one thing to diet and deny yourself lovely things..but when you realise not only do you not want those things anymore but don't even LIKE them any more....that proves you're not dieting, you're making long term lifestyle changes. I'm s pleased for you
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like progress!

Ann said...

I still keep waiting for the cravings for sweet and salty to go away. My best hope is to find healthier options - light popcorn, weight watcher treats, etc. But good for you! Great job!!! :)

Gen said...

That sounds so awesome! I am definitely someone who gets mad because I can't have what others around me are having. Hopefully one day the universe will be nice to me too!!
I haven't given up on C25K, although I'm way behind you... I will start up as soon as I get new shoes! Should be this weekend. I'm definitely not leaving you alone in this! Haha. It's just been a busy while with going away and trying to find an apartment while finishing exams and working!

Devon said...

Oh, that is amazing!! Congratulations!! It's amazing to see how everything changes when you start living healthier. I am starting to notice a lessening in cravings too.

Eat to Live sounds good! I will have to check it out. I am in the middle of What to Eat...it's great.

Keep going! And soon I will be where you are!

Kelty said...

lol, I like your 'attitude of gratitudes'! I'm glad you find something every post!

OMG, I am jealous that the cravings go away! I actually think as long as there are healthy options around I have no problem choosing the healthy one. But if there's only junk food...suddenly I want it again! I'll get there! Congrats. :)

Diandra said...

That's great news! And yeah, after not having any for a while, most junk/trigger food is too salty or too greasy to actually taste good... wonder what we ever liked about them in the first place...

Lauren Jones said...

Hey! Just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say how great it is and how well you're doing! I love reading about how well other people are doing, it inspires me to carry on as well! I look forward to reading more soon :)

Lauren
alittlelessoflauren.blogspot.com

Erin said...

I totally agree! Today after my workout I was craving VEGETABLES! Hahaha, I would have never expected that, but it was one craving I had no issue fulfilling :-)