Monday, April 25, 2011

Mom's on board

My mom has been saying for awhile that she wants to lose weight and keeps saying that I have inspired her with my weight loss, which is of course very flattering. So now she is officially on board and is going to do Weight Watchers and count points with me. I have it down flat at this point and don't even write it out anymore, but I am helping her learn the points of everything.

It's always easier when the people who live with or hang out with a lot are into eating healthy. It's nice to have her being healthy now because that means less snack food being out, healthier (and earlier) dinners, no drinking, all that stuff. Thankfully, I have learned to deal with it not being this way, but now I will have a weight loss buddy (other than all you!) and I can help her out too.

C25k: It was cold and rainy today so no running, but I did 2hrs on the elliptical. I know, it sounds insane, but I was just into my music and felt like I could keep going, so I did. I did a level 5 for about an hour, then kicked it up to 6.

Attitude of Gratitude: I got my car fixed and the guy says it should be good to go for awhile. Hope so!

8 comments:

Brendalyn said...

2 hours?! Holy crap.

Kelty said...

Awesome! A new health buddy and a great workout at the gym. That's great! But I would say, the elliptical might be getting too easy for you. I read something that Bob Harper said, which was something to the effect of if you're spending an hour on the elliptical, cut that in half and up the intensity of your workout. I always liked that so it motivated me to start doing intervals and the 'fat burning' setting...which are both harder than what I was doing.

But keep it up!

Kristen said...

great job

Mommy Minded said...

OMG! 2 Hours! You Go! ;)

Megan
mommyminded.blogspot.com

safire said...

That's so great that you inspired your mom to get on the healthy bandwagon! I totally agree it's easier when the entire household is on board with being healthy!

Jan said...

That is VERY exciting! Congratulations to your Mom for hopping on board! It's so nice to have a weight loss buddy so close. I'm excited for you and her to be on this journey together! :)

Ann said...

yay for a weight loss buddy!!! And awesome workout, girl!!

Karen@WaistingTime said...

I loved when I did WW years ago with a friend. Having someone to share the experience and talk with about stuff and swap recipes is great.